Shushilan consortium has formed 25 members working committee with the representation of KCC, KDA, KWASA, DoE, DPHE, Media, and Private sector, CSOs, urban Youth, and Adults under the ERB project. Most recently, the working committee has visited 4 slums areas of the wards no 5 & 9 under Khulna City Corporation to monitor the WATSAN, waste and drainage issues for better improvement. Based on the monitoring visit findings of the working committee, Shushilan consortium organized a meeting with the working committee on April 24, 2022.
Through the working committee meeting some significant outcomes has been achieved like
(1) Based on the monitoring visit findings by the working committee, Mayor discussed the emergency water distribution issue with the KWASA Managing Director during the working committee meeting. Mayor also suggested that CSOs, urban youth and adults will submit an application again focusing on the distribution point of Bastuhara, Dattobari, Nesaria, and Railway slum areas for water distribution as soon as possible.
(2) Based on the monitoring visit findings by the working committee, Mayor has given permission to KWASA to cut the KCC link road to extend pipeline water connection for Dattobari slum people to solve their water problem. KWASA MD and Executive Engineer will take action soon in collaboration with CSOs, urban youth, adults & related ward Councilor.
(3) Mayor has instructed the conservancy department of KCC to allocate mobile dustbins with cover to reduce the waste problem of Dattobari slum people based on the monitoring visit findings by the working committee.
(4) Mayor declared that road connected drain is mandatory at the time of road construction under Khulna City Corporation. Need not to issue any office order.
(5) Based on the working committee proposal, Mayor is interested to build 5 & 9 no wards as a model ward. He has instructed the working committee to prepare a detailed action plan to make 5 & 9 wards model ward through the facilitation of the Shushilan consortium. KCC and related departments will provide all logistics support. The working committee will conduct a planning meeting after EID on the model wards issue.
(6) Print and electronic media have covered the event news with importance